Dear Families,I hope you are all well. These times have been very trying for all of us and we need our faith to get us through. Even though we have not been able to gather together for Mass in the Church for several months we still can live our faith.
If you have not yet heard, we are now able to attend religious services but with 35% church capacity. Therefore, I would like to announce to you that we will be resuming weekend Masses on Saturday, June 20th and Sunday June 21st. We have already begun weekday Masses in the church at 9am Mondays through Saturdays and 6:45 on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
The schedule for the weekends is Confessions at 4pm in room 1 of the parish hall. There is a screen in there for those who chose not to go face to face. Mass on Saturday will be at 5pm. Sunday Masses will be celebrated at 8am, 10am and Noon. We are adding an additional Mass at 7pm on Sundays as well to help us with decreased capacity in the church. I will also stream a Mass every Sunday at 2pm for those of you who do not yet feel comfortable attending Mass in person.
There are regulations we will have to abide by as we still continue to deal with the epidemic:
- The church can only be filled to 35% capacity.
- Please enter the church through the side doors and exit through the main doors.
- Please sit in the pews that are marked for seating.
- A mask is required for anyone over 2 years of age.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the church entrances.
- Bathrooms are for emergencies only.
- The center aisle will be used for communion only.
- Families can approach for communion together. Others should stay six feet apart.
- There will be further instructions for receiving Communion. Only the body of Christ will be offered
- Please note that Spiritual Communion is still an alternative at this moment.
- The hymnals have been removed from the church.
- Music will be simplified with no singing.
- There will be no collection taken up. Please drop your collection envelope in the baskets provided at the entrances of the church before Mass or you can mail it in if you choose.
I hope the requirement to follow these rules will end relatively soon. Providing a prayerful environment is important to celebrate Mass. Things are going to be strange for a while but hopefully not for too long.
The Sunday requirement to go to Mass every week is still dispensed with. Keep in mind that you are not required to come. Even if you decide not to come to Mass immediately please consider continuing to support the parish financially. Bills and payroll still need to be taken care of.
Fr. Jim Kirkpatrick